Thursday, January 6, 2011

I Am Not A Photographer

So I have this not-very-good digital camera, that I always have trouble taking photos with - I remember once I chose to bring my polaroid camera over it to a wedding (not so good in hindsight, they're actually very loud in a quiet room, especially when everyone else is in complete silence.) But shame on me, I've never really bothered to read the manual, I just leave it on auto and hope for the best. Last week I finally hunkered down and actually learnt what the settings are and how to focus it and I tried taking some photos.

I know, it's just a top on a mannequin, and this is actually the least blurry of the bunch. But you know, the colours are true, and I followed the advice of the blogging sages: never use flash! My parents gave it to me for Christmas (cool!) so I sketched out a little outfit design for it:


I like that something so sweet and elegant can look sleek and tough with the black leather cuff and ankle boots. I want to make the tuxedo pants myself, I haven't made a pair of pants in ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment