Saturday, January 1, 2011

Christmas Is Over, But The Tree Is Still Up.

On Monday I went out and bought things that I wanted but didn't get for Christmas (not that I'm ungrateful, seriously - I made a killing this year). My brother got me a drawing course and I went to get supplies, like proper drawing paper, a sketching board (I was going to also get an easel, but really, I don't paint that much) and some pencils, charcoal sticks and erasers (I lurve kneadable erasers - in my mind they're magic, probably because I was never allowed to get them when I was a kid so I had to use bits of bread). But then I couldn't control myself and got some nice coloured pencils. They're the best medium for me, cheerful and quick.
I also got a couple of books, this one (mine is translated from japanese, yay!)

I know that I probably won't make designs as unusual as this to wear, but I figure that having the skill to do it will be useful.
This other book I only got because it was 6 dollars and I can't walk away from a bargain.
It was a good read, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment