Sunday, January 30, 2011

Fabric Swatch Book


Ok, so it has been a slow few weeks for drawing, sewing or anything-ing for me. I have done a few things which were fun,
  • The entombed warriors at the NSW Art Gallery - amazing. I am always thrilled by the fact that you can still see things that were made by people more than 2000 years ago. I just stared at the statues thinking, "there was someone who looked just like that alive once."
  • Soap - I love acrobatics, so it was really fun for me. If that doesn't really do it for you, then avoid. I think it's pretty cool what the human body is capable of.

So when I went to the Art Gallery, I also browsed the gift shop and I saw this great fabric swatch book. I was too cheap to fork out for it there and then, but I still may buy it (I mean I am still thinking about it, days later) but I thought I should at least try and make my own, you know? So I've been saving scraps of fabric and noting down their composition and care instuctions to put into a binder. Yeah, it's all pretty messily slapped together at the moment, but when it's nice and pretty, I'll post a photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment