Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Swatch Box Swatch Card...


So I finally got around to making up fabric swatches. I tried a couple of ways before I decided on this cd box. You can also buy dividers which is handy for sorting things out by fabric composition. Oh, and the pinking shears I got from King of Knives (not online, though). They are a little expensive, but so much better than the $20 ones. Don't forget to never use fabric scissors for paper.


So I just pinned the fabric onto these large notecards I got from Big W. I trimmed them down with my guillotine because they were too wide and just write down any extra information I need. So now my fabric swatches sit neatly on my sewing table, ready to be of service.

2 comments:

  1. And how do you put it into the box? does it sit in there like in a filing cabanet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that's right. The dividers only just fit in the box, so it kind of keeps everything upright.

    ReplyDelete